412 Cookies are disabled

This blogpost is more a note to self, but sigh, I hate it when it does this…. show the 412 Cookies are Disabled error message when trying to open the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) in Exchange Online:

image

I’m not sure if this issue shows up every time, but at least it shows up when you want to configure an Exchange Hybrid Configuration and you select Hybrid in the On-Premises EAC and select Sign In to Office 365.

To solve this, select the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, select Internet Options and click the Privacy tab.

Lower the slider just one click to Low and click Apply or OK.

image

Now when you refresh the page in Internet Explorer it should continue with the Hybrid Configuration page:

image

SuspendWhenReadyToComplete when using a migration batch in Office 365

Currently I’m working with a customer in a hybrid Exchange 2010 environment. There are multiple offices around the US, and one office in California will close soon. Therefore, all Mailboxes need to be moved to Office 365. The customer created multiple migration batches, and all batches are set using the -SuspendWhenReadyToComplete option. So, when a Mailbox migration in this batch reaches 95% the move will stop, and both Mailboxes will be kept in sync.

So, I started a Remote PowerShell session to Exchange Online (completing an individual move request as part of a batch is not possible in the Exchange Admin Console) and executed the following command:

Get-MoveRequest -Identity John@contoso.com | Resume-MoveRequest -Confirm:$false

While no error message was generated, the move requests were not finished. After some head scratching I realized that the -SuspendWhenReadyToComplete option is set on the migration batch, and that the move requests ‘inherit’ this setting. So, when resuming the move request it will automatically suspend again when hitting 95% (which is a matter of seconds).

So, I executed the following commands:

Get-MoveRequest -Identity John@contoso.com | Set-MoveRequest -SuspendWhenReadyToComplete:$false
Get-MoveRequest -Identity John@contoso.com | Resume-MoveRequest -Confirm:$false

Unfortunately, nothing happened and the move request stayed in the ‘synced’ state and was not willing to finalize. And of course no errors were logged.

At one point I realized I read something in the New-MoveRequest page on TechNet, where it says at the SuspendWhenReadyToComplete option:

“The SuspendWhenReadyToComplete switch specifies whether to suspend the move request before it reaches the status of CompletionInProgress. Instead of this switch, we recommend that you use the CompleteAfter parameter.”

This time I executed the following commands:

$Date = Get-Date
Get-MoveRequest -Identity John@contoso.com | Set-MoveRequest -CompleteAfter $Date
Get-MoveRequest -Identity John@contoso.com | Resume-MoveRequest -Confirm:$false

And this time the individual move requests in the migration batch were successfully finalized.