In an earlier blog post I explained how to setup a Lync Server 2010 in your Lync organization. Using a Lync Server you can give access to external users and implement federation services. You also might want to implement publishing rules on your Threat Management Server (TMG) 2010 to implement the following additional services:
- Enabling external users to download meeting content for your meetings.
- Enabling external users to expand distribution groups.
- Enabling remote users to download files from the Address Book service.
- Accessing the Microsoft Lync Web App client.
- Accessing the Dial-in Conferencing Settings webpage.
- Accessing the Location Information service.
- Enabling external devices to connect to Device Update web service and obtain updates.