On Tuesday December 15, 2020 Microsoft has released its quarterly updates for Exchange server, specifically Exchange 2019 CU19 and Exchange 2019 CU8.
Nothing special, but a few remarks:
- In contrast to earlier communication from Microsoft, CU19 is not the last CU released by Microsoft. The final CU for Exchange 2016 will be released in March 2021.
- The issue with opening attachments in a shared mailbox using OWA (as explained in a previous blogpost https://jaapwesselius.com/2020/11/02/open-attachment-in-shared-mailbox-using-owa/) in fixed in these CUs.
- De December security updates for Exchange Server (https://jaapwesselius.com/2020/11/02/open-attachment-in-shared-mailbox-using-owa/) are also included in these CUs.
- When running a hybrid deployment or when using Exchange Online Archiving in combination with Exchange on-premises, make sure you run the latest CU or one version older (i.e. Exchange 2013 CU23, Exchange 2016 CU18/CU19 or Exchange 2019 CU7/CU8)
- No schema changes in these CUs but there are changes to AD, so make sure you run the Setup.exe /PrepareAD command
- And as always, test thoroughly in your lab environment, and when deploying make sure your servers are in maintenance mode (especially the DAG).
|Exchange Version||KB Article||Download|
|Exchange 2019 CU8||KB4588885||Volume License|
|Exchange 2016 CU19||KB4588884||Download|
|Exchange 2016 CU19 UM Language Pack||Download|
More information can be found on the Microsoft website: December 2020 Quarterly Exchange Updates – https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/released-december-2020-quarterly-exchange-updates/ba-p/1976527