In an earlier blog post I explained how to setup a Lync 2013 environment with a Front-End server and an Edge Server. This way you can use Lync 2013 internally and externally, including federation with other Lync 2010/2013 or OCS 2007 R2 organizations. You also might want to implement publishing rules on your Threat Management Server (TMG) 2010 to implement the following additional services:
- Enabling external users to download meeting content for your meetings.
- Enabling external users to expand distribution groups.
- Enabling remote users to download files from the Address Book service.
- Accessing the Microsoft Lync Web App client.
- Accessing the Dial-in Conferencing Settings webpage.
- Accessing the Location Information service.
- Enabling external devices to connect to Device Update web service and obtain updates.