When installing and configuring a large Exchange environment you most likely will have a lot of disks attached to the Exchange servers. Manual configuration of the disks is no fun so PowerShell is your friend here.
These are the steps that need to be done:
- Create directory structure for the Mount Points (New-Item).
- Set the disks online and initialize them (Initialize-Disk).
- Create the partitions (New-Partition).
- Link them into the Mount Point structure (Add-PartitionAccessPath)
- Format them (Format-Volume).